The RapidPress Press-Fit design and installation is guaranteed long lasting seal with no leakage and a promise of high standard quality. However, if there is any sort of leakage, take a look at potential reasons that may be causing a leak:
1. Tube inserted into the fitting could be creased or damaged.
2. Tube not pushed fully home in the fitting.
3. Non-standard connection between tubes or non-matched sizes.
4. Incorrect installation fixing.
5. Connection made to the fitting by the operator using incompatible products.
6. Installations subject to mechanical stress, e.g. mountings not properly lined up.
7. Other objects anchored to the hanging system.
8. Thermal expansion not compensated for by adequate fitting techniques or equipment.
8. Freezing of the installation.
9. Pressure or temperature specifications outside those indicated in the conditions of use.
10. Unforeseen external causes such as accidental impacts
11. Fittings welded by the operator rather than pressed.
12. Double pressing by the operator either of the fitting itself or near it.
13. Minimum distance between two fittings not observed.
14. Poor storage and handling of the fittings with deterioration of the O-ring, caused by external agents such as light, temperature, dirt, ozone etc.
15. Mechanical damage to the fitting (cuts, bending, crushing).
16. Tearing of the O-ring, for example caused by pipes not properly deburred.
17. Incorrect tube insertion causing the O-ring to become dislodged from its position.
18. Use of unsuitable O-ring lubricants. Use only soap and water.
19. Internal or external liquids not compatible with the O-ring composition.
20.Pressing carried out with worn clamp jaws.
21. Use of a pressing tool no longer capable of exerting sufficient force (the result of wear and tear, operator error or lack of maintenance).
22. Clamp jaws not correctly positioned in relation to the fitting when pressed.
23. Clamp jaws not fully pressed home.
24. Use of non-standard clamp jaws or jaws made for other section types.